This booklet by Ann Monaghan is an excellent introduction to the Halls of Little Hulton. The booklet is available at Little Hulton Library both for loan and to buy. It can also be purchased from Salford Museum and Art Gallery.

Shown on the book's cover is Kenyon Hall (also known as Kenyon Peel Hall and Old Peel Hall). As well as Kenyon Hall, there is information about and illustrations of Peel Hall, Wharton Hall and the amusingly-named Sod Hall, this last being a farm rather than a manorial home!
 

Kenyon Peel Hall was owned by Alexander Rigby in 1600, he gave it to his son George. It passed to Roger Kenyon of Parkhead through marriage. It was a large timber, stone and brick house which was built in the late 16th century and enlarged in 1617.

The house was demolished and the site occupied by a modern housing estate.

Kenyon Peel Hall was about a quarter of a mile south of the ancient highway from Manchester to Bolton. This painting is by Alfred Heaton Cooper and can be found at Bolton Museum.
  Kenyon Peel Hall, Little Hulton

     The Whartons were the main landowners at Wharton Hall, a smaller manor in Little Hulton. This was later owned by the Asshetons of Great Lever and the Morts. Madam Wharton planted Madam's Wood (see link), a woodland to the south of the house, of which many Little Hultoners have fond memories. Eventually the estate was sold to Bridgewater Estates, a colliery company.
 
 Peel Hall    In the 13th century Peel or Wicheves Hall, part of another district in Little Hulton, was owned by the Hulton family who sold it to the Tyldesleys. Later Peel Hall was owned by Edmund Fleetwood of Rossall who sold it to the Morts. Joseph Yates of Manchester bought it in the 18th century and his descendants sold it to a colliery owner, Ellis Fletcher of Clifton.

Peel Hall
was built in 1840 by Matthew Fletcher, from the designs of Sir Charles 
Barry. It stands on the site of an older hall which was a stone building 
 with a moat. The name comes from ‘Peel Towers,’ these are small fortified keeps or tower houses, built along the borders and North of England, intended as watch towers where warning signal fires could be lit.  

Peel Hall became a hospital for treating tuberculosis and later a hospital for the elderly until it closed in 1990. It was sold to a development company for refurbishment but despite being a Grade II listed building it was vandalised and became dangerous and was demolished in the mid 1990s.